I was up all night and morning till 5:00 am working on a techinal book that I'm helping write. I'm lucky I even woke up to make it there.
So many great people in this group, I enjoy listening and taking it all in."
Thank you so much for the welcome and the encouragement. Focus is so very important, but also hard to do when you don't know what has the best chance of "making it." Hopefully, working with a group will help that.
"Welcome, Tracy ~ I really enjoyed reading and sharing your adventures, dreams, and hopes for the future. Let's see if we can't bring some of those dreams come true. The first thing I'm thinking we need to work on is focus. Let's…"
I grew up in NY where I earned a BA in English Education. I taught in NY for two years before relocating to Tampa, FL where I taught for another eight. I left teaching to open a remodeling business with my husband and eventually becoming a Realtor. We raised our two kids in Tampa for seventeen years until we dissolved our businesses and moved out to the LA area in 2011.
What are your writing interests (formats, genres)? Go wild, if you want - you don't have to restrict yourself to just one
1) I wrote a contemporary romance in 2001 which I never published. It's a great story that would make an equally great screenplay. I've rewritten it several times and I'm currently trying to publish it as a novel.
2) I began learning about writing for TV three years ago when I got a burst of insanity. It's a big part of why we came out here. I've got two polished specs: one for Modern Family and another for The Middle. I've submitted them to various diversity fellowships. Since I've spent the past 19 years as a mom, finding the hilarity from the mayhem, I think I'd be a great asset to a family sitcom. I know, I know, it's damn near impossible; I've been told. :/
3) YA supernatural
4) memoir...it might be a minute before I'm ready to publish any of that.
5) Articles, blogs, essays.
So we can have some idea of our group demographics, what city do you live in?
Again, for our group demographics, what age group are you in?
What features or incentives are you looking for from a good writers group. It's important that you know while we may not be able to fulfill all your expectations. we're gonna try!
1) Reads and feedback. It's way too difficult to keep motivated while I'm just writing for myself. After so many years as an English teacher, I'm talented at helping people with their ideas as well. Furthermore, being around creativity stimulates more creativity.
3) Work! I would love to find some work as a reader or writer's assistant or obviously as a writer. ;)
4) Focus. I feel like I'm all over the place. I work on my TV scripts, then I start back on my romance novel, I kick around my YA novel, try to pursue freelance writing work, desperately try to find a teaching job (I had no idea LA laid off all their English teachers)...it's great to have varied interests and projects, but I need focus.
It's been a fabulous adventure and we've thoroughly enjoyed experiencing new places, meeting new people and especially all the nature we'd never seen before (Grand Canyon, Sequoia Nat'l Forest, Yosemite and many more), but I'd be lying if I claimed that I wouldn't be totally heartbroken to have to pack it in.
Welcome, Tracy ~ I really enjoyed reading and sharing your adventures, dreams, and hopes for the future. Let's see if we can't bring some of those dreams come true. The first thing I'm thinking we need to work on is focus. Let's make that your mantra: "Focus, focus, focus..." We're happy that you're enjoying the California experience but we should warn you: you can't swing a broomstick with hitting someone from New Jersey - and they just bounce off someone from New York... but you probably already know this. I'm going to take your "bio" comments here and make you the poster girl for a new direction in the group working with its members and getting them moving in the right direction. Hang in there. ~ Emily
No comments yet!
This Ning App is not visible to members on the Main page.